Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Project Runway avant-garde / unusual material challenge Swarovski and chicken wire necklace

I know, who would think to combine Swarovski crystals and chicken wire except for me? Well I am always up for a challenge and that's what my New Year's resolution was- to really stretch my material combos.
swarovski crystals, chicken wire necklace, stefanie girard
And the back of my Project Runway avant-garde / unusual material challenge Swarovski and chicken wire necklace :
swarovski crystals, chicken wire necklace, stefanie girard
Hey and if you want to make one too or you were simply wondering how I did it- read on!

Materials:
Swarovski crystals 
a lot of what I used are from the collection in this box:

M-D Hobby & Craft Chicken Wire
Wrights satin blanket binding silver
wire
head pins
jump rings

Tools
needle nose pliers
round nose pliers
wire cutters
scrap paper
tape
protective gloves
So gather up lots of Swarovski crystals and beads of all shapes, sizes and colors.
Make a paper pattern to fit your neck and tape it to the chicken wire.
Be sure to wear safety gloves and rough cut out the chicken wire.
Then form tiny loops at all the ends of the chicken wire along the top, bottom and ends of the chicken wire.
Swarovski beads crystals chicken wire necklace
Then simply make lots of bead dangles either with a single bead or groups of crystals and add them to each end and space of the chicken wire.

I also wire wrapped a few crystals that didn't have holes. This took me a few attempts to get them just the way I liked them as I decided to add tiny beads to the wires that went from the focal element to the chicken wire. This shot shows the hand and the 4 four heart shaped crystal the way I liked it and the wire clipped on the carrot shaped crystal as I was about to re-do that one.

I pressed open the satin blanket binding and then looped it through an opening in the chicken wire on each side of the necklace and tied a big bow.

1 comment:

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

So pretty! thanks for sharing dear :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin